November 18, 2017, 11:19:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any sportscar fans here?  (Read 857 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: June 18, 2005, 05:08:56 AM »

I was just curious if there were any sportscar fans here and if anyone else besides myself was planning on watching the 24 hours of lemans?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:24:18 PM »

I watched a few hours of it this morning on the Speed Channel.

I may not know who any of the drivers are, but it is the biggest thing in the world to them.  LeMans is one of the crown jewel races of the world, and I am happy (as are you, Bryan) that Speed will broadcast about 16 hours of the race live over the next two days.

The ALMS was created so that American drivers can prepare for this race and we hope that the effort bears fruit this year, possibly in a class or even overall victory.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:50:23 AM »

Too much short track and na$car coverage on too enjoy the race i think they should have shown the nascar and the hooters all pro race sunday.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 05:23:07 AM »

I think speed should televise that entire race like they did in 2001.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 07:19:08 PM »

Tom Kristensen of Denmark was part of the winning team, his record seventh win at LeMans.  His teammates were J.J. Lehto and Marco Werner.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 08:00:42 PM »

I watched most of the coverage of Le Mans.  That race fascinates me, all the troubles, strategy, and trying to get thru 24 hours!  The Corvette team finished 1st and 2nd in their GT1 class for the second year in a row.  Great racing.

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: