November 21, 2017, 08:16:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About the busch series race?  (Read 661 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: June 12, 2005, 02:35:50 AM »

If anyone sees this tonight what do you people think is going to happen with this race and does it make anyone else upset when they fx decide to show nascars reality show?

They did the same thing last year when this same race was delayed by rain it made me upset then and it kind of does now.

Why am i complaning they could put on 2 or 3 hours of cops or some other program though.

So i guess i shouldn't be complaning.

I guess it's better than back in the 1980's and early 90's espn switching to tennis or golf.

They did that a couple of times and a few times we missed laps cause of it they did that during the 1986 southern 500 they espn decided to switch to some lame golf tournament.

And then in the spring of 1991 a very exciting race at bristol was taking place and it got in a rain delay.

Espn showed an edited version of the finish.

There were 42 laps left to go and they showed only 20 some laps.

So i guess i shouldn't be complaning it could always be worse.

Did anyone see how hard it was raining there in nashville that was some hard rain i even said that that track is sop and wet.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:53:56 PM »

The worst such example may well have been the 1995 Brickyard 400.  ABC was scheduled to show the race, which was then held on Saturday afternoon.  After a long rain delay, the race started around 4 p.m. local time.  By then, ABC had abandoned its coverage and returned the airtime to local stations.  ESPN then picked up the telecast--only to delay it until the next afternoon!  Remember, this is one of the most important NASCAR races of the year!

Oh, and Dale Earnhardt was the winner.

Just to let you know that you shouldn't raise ESPN and ABC to sainthood status, for they have sinned too.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:56:34 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
The worst such example may well have been the 1995 Brickyard 400.  ABC was scheduled to show the race, which was then held on Saturday afternoon.  After a long rain delay, the race started around 4 p.m. local time.  By then, ABC had abandoned its coverage and returned the airtime to local stations.  ESPN then picked up the telecast--only to delay it until the next afternoon!  Remember, this is one of the most important NASCAR races of the year!

I don't remember it that way.  They did show the prior year's race during the long delay, but I'm pretty sure when they actually started racing, ESPN showed the entire race.  If not, they moved it to ABC or ESPN2 or something, but it WAS shown live somewhere because I remember watching it.  Actually I have it on tape at home somewhere...

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 05:24:33 PM »

Yes they showed it live on some espn stations around the country but not all.
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:43:59 PM »

I remember seeing that race.  I think it was on ESPN ll and it was shown live.  It was not tape delay nor next day delay where I lived.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 04:24:49 PM »

Sorry, that's not how I remember it.  I thought that Robin Roberts (now of ABC News Good Morning America) clearly stated that ESPN would show the '95 Brickyard 400 on tape delay the next day.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: