November 25, 2017, 01:03:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPOILER: Pocono - Different Faces in Top 5  (Read 414 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 13, 2005, 03:09:13 AM »

Well, I for one, was happy to see some different faces in the top five all day today at Pocono.  I thought it was great to see two of my favorite younger drivers battling it out for the win all day:  Carl Edwards and Brian Vickers.  I just feel bad that Brian led so many laps and couldn't hang on for the win, but Carl's car certainly came on after long runs.  Great win for him and I'm sure he'll trade the Busch points lead for a second Cup win any day.  

We didn't watch the race, but listened to it on MRN during our drive home from Mansfield, OH today.  Sounded like a lot of good racing to me, after we got past that ungodly 9 second lead Michael had during the first green flag run.  But it was good to see Michael get a pole and run so strong early.  Not sure what happened to his car during the middle portion of the race, but good to see him climb back up into the top 10 by the end.  

Also great to see Kyle Busch have another strong run as well as Martin.  Mayfield and Nemechek as well.  

I'm guessing most folks here either didn't watch the race or weren't entralled with it for some reason.  Everyone is awfully quiet.

Neither radio nor TV (I watched the very end on Tivo when we got home) seemed to realize that it actually WAS a green white checker finish at the end.  I was screaming "Why are they saying it's over?" when Bobby Labonte and Jamie McMurry had their wreck (radio said it involved McMurray).  Eventually, we figured out it was a G/W/C restart and not really 3 laps to go.  Radio never got around to explaining that before we turned it off as we pulled into the driveway right after a few post-race interviews.  Then TV figured it out eventually.  All I can say is I'm beginning to think NASCAR's timing and scoring is a little off.  I mean when I watched the TV ending, I clearly saw the ticker cylcle by 3 times with "3 laps to go" on it.  Couldn't believe Mike Joy and crew didn't notice the same thing and realized, they'd frozen the ticker since they'd passed the regulation 500 miles.  Aren't they watching the same thing the folks at home see on that blasted ticker???

Prior to the last restart, I figured it would be a G/W/C and was yelling "COOL!  We'll get even MORE than 500 miles at Pocono!"   :-D   I just had to feel that way after all the naysayers who say we need to shorten that race.  I love it!

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:23:16 PM »

cheryl i taped the broadcast and clearly heard mike joy say gwc.he said it twice don't know about mrn.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 04:18:12 PM »

Bobby Labonte was a surprise guest on last night's Inside Nextel Cup.  He said that he made contact with the wall on his own and that he did not crash with McMurray.  When McMurray appeared on the "Hot Seat" later in the show, he was not asked about the last lap.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 04:25:35 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Bobby Labonte was a surprise guest on last night's Inside Nextel Cup.  He said that he made contact with the wall on his own and that he did not crash with McMurray.  When McMurray appeared on the "Hot Seat" later in the show, he was not asked about the last lap.

I heard that last night too.  I was only going by what radio said and was hoping to see what happened on TV.  But Fox couldn't be bothered to show a replay, so I was really disappointed.  Did you notice how Allen Bestwick said "there was no video shown..." or something like that?  I thought that sounded like a crack against Fox and I loved it.   :lol:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: