November 25, 2017, 02:57:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New one from D W  (Read 843 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: June 08, 2005, 09:10:27 PM »

Did anyone else hear this one during the Busch race? Referring to the pass that one driver had just made, D W said:
   "Yeah, he just did a Linda Rondstat on the other guy. (singing, sort of)I just blew by you"

Where in the world does he get these ideas?? :roll:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:23:11 PM »

I did hear that and just shook my head as it did have nothing to do with it the situation at hand.  For some reason, DW thinks he can sing and wants to relate everything to anything that he thinks he excels in.  I do remember 'Blue Bayou' by Linda R. but that had a totally different meaning.  BTW, his little brother also thinks he can sing.  I guess their cohorts egging them on make then thing any opportunity makes it time for them to show off what they think are their 'special skill'.  Little do they know how we cringe when they do that.....Argghhhh... :x

Sure wish I got paid for stupidty like some people do.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 10:15:01 PM »

I've always liked Linda R.'s version of BLUE BAYOU, but I'll never hear it again w/out thinking of DW. Yuck! :roll:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 03:22:32 PM »

He has used that one many times in the past years.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 04:27:49 PM »

Don't underestimate the Waltrip brothers!  Maybe there's a market for their attempts at singing.  Just ask William Hung. :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 04:47:23 PM »

Des, anymore I think there is a market for almost everything.  So I agree with you on that.  Some of the stuff on tv nowadays just amazes me and I think people will watch and listen to anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: