November 18, 2017, 06:29:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Winston Cup  (Read 659 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 08, 2005, 06:11:13 PM »

I mostly tuned in this week to see the highlights from things we might've missed Dover last weekend.  Unfortunately, a big storm rolled through in the middle of it and the satellite went out for a few minutes (which happened to be during the Cup hightlights).  But I really enjoyed some of Ken Schrader's comments on this week's show.  Michael was going on about how people just wreck someone to win the race these days (talking about the Winston).  I was yelling "well Rusty Wallace did that to DW to win in 1989 and there wasn't near as much uproar!" and then Schrader pointed out that Dale Earnhardt did that plenty of times in his career and no one thought anything of it.  Excellent point IMHO.  He also countered Michael's claim that drivers just weren't respectful these days by saying "the world is a lot less respectful than it was 20 years ago."  So true!  I'm glad Kenny will be the one staying on the show if MW and JB go.

I also enjoyed having Joe Nemechek as the Hot Seat guest.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:18:35 PM »

Well, I wish I would have heard Kenny's comeback to those remarks.  But as you know, Inside Cup is turned off and setting on the back burner for now.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 10:21:17 PM »

It is for me too, Vivian, and to think, I used to try really hard to get home in time to see it a couple of years ago.

17 more to go (I think) for another helmet. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 12:36:02 AM »

Isn't it silly how we used to time everything around Nascar and now it is so hit and miss??? :lol:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 12:26:18 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Isn't it silly how we used to time everything around Nascar and now it is so hit and miss??? :lol:

Yep!   Sad

Actually, it was Ken Schrader who made the comment about Earnhardt.  I probably didn't make that clear enough in my post.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: