November 22, 2017, 11:09:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound effects added to Busch race  (Read 654 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: June 06, 2005, 01:41:25 AM »

Noooooo!!!! Fox/FX please don't continue this. Hopefully it was a one time deal. Coming back from commercial we were shown two replays of incidents that could have been wrecks. Tim Fedewa and David Stremme were both shown (in different replays) brushing the wall then saving the car. After failing to wreck FX added canned cheers signaling good job. Please, no more of this.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:44:26 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
Noooooo!!!! Fox/FX please don't continue this. Hopefully it was a one time deal. Coming back from commercial we were shown two replays of incidents that could have been wrecks. Tim Fedewa and David Stremme were both shown (in different replays) brushing the wall then saving the car. After failing to wreck FX added canned cheers signaling good job. Please, no more of this.

I've wondered for some time now if Fox hasn't been adding canned cheering to races.  Especially at Richmond, the loud cheering sounded exactly the same two times in a row.  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 04:19:12 PM »

The alleged use of sound effects on Saturday's telecast was disturbing.  One reason we watch live sporting events is that we have faith that everything we see or hear on them is real.  If they are not, we have a right to ask questions.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 09:09:05 PM »

The sound effects were very, very obvious.  I did not like them.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 03:01:36 AM »

These were taped sound effects shown during a replay. It was not crowd noise from a race, it sounded like it was borrowed from a sitcom audience, kind of like what you would hear on early Seinfelds when Kramer entered the room. I don't think FX was trying to fool the viewers, it was an obvious fake. I do notice that Fox/FX seems to turn up the mics for some drivers.
  Anyone remember when CBS was busted for playing taped bird noises during a golf broadcast? A bird lover noticed the chirping was of a bird not found where the tournament was being played.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: