November 20, 2017, 04:54:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBS 24/7  (Read 683 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 06, 2005, 03:42:39 PM »

It ought to be REAL interesting how they cover the Shane Hmiel drug incident on NBS 24/7 tonight.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 09:12:54 PM »

It was last Thursday when they suspended him and they showed the regular 24/7 that night I think.  They may or may not change things.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:32:34 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
It was last Thursday when they suspended him and they showed the regular 24/7 that night I think.

That was a rerun, I'm sure, since the weekly episodes premiere on Monday nights.

Actually on last night's episode, they did a very good job of covering the suspension issue.  Showed how it affected the team and team owner, Todd Braun, and was done in a very tasteful way, I think.  

There was one funny part, I thought.  They showed an MRN reporter interviewing Ron Hornaday about substituting for Hmiel.  He just used poor wording in his preface to the interview.  He simply meant that Ron was substituting in Shane's car, but he said "Ron Hornaday driving for Shane Hmiel this week..." and Ron quickly said "I'm driving FOR Todd Braun the car owner."  I thought that was funny!  To me, it made clear he didn't have much use for Shane.

I really felt bad for Braun (even when I first heard about it on Thursday).  He cut a deal to get support from DEI and in exchange agreed to give Hmiel a ride.  Now he's left holding the bag.  He said it really touched him how his crew members told him they were there to support HIM.  

Overall, a good episode and I was impressed with the way the producers handled the matter.  They didn't shy away from it at all, even in the previews.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 08:40:41 PM »

I don't normally watch this show, but did last night.  I thought they did it very well also.  BTW, it was Nascar Nation Beyond the Wheel that I watched last Thursday and confused it with 24/7.  Sorry.... :oops:
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 03:49:12 PM »

I also applaud the honesty shown in the program.  We got to see an official statement from Todd Braun that we hadn't seen anywhere else.

However, I was disappointed that we did not see how Ron Hornaday was chosen to drive the #32 last week.  Todd had to be very desperate after the suspension.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 03:57:31 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
I was disappointed that we did not see how Ron Hornaday was chosen to drive the #32 last week.  Todd had to be very desperate after the suspension.

They said he was a good friend of Todd's and he asked him to drive.  Pretty simple if you ask me.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: