November 21, 2017, 06:09:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Rumor  (Read 602 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 01, 2005, 08:22:38 PM »

Just saw this Mad Mikie's Rant on Laidbackracing.com:

"I read the official statement about why Mikey was being taken off the trackside shows.  Well, according to my source, Mikey went way overboard with his plugging every single one of his and DEI's sponsors.  Between the network and the fan complaints, the network decided to replace him with Rusty because Rusty isn't going to be plugging all his sponsors and Rusty seems to be better liked than Mikey on the show."

I hope to God that is true!  Maybe the network folks are finally getting fed up with his constant plugging of his sponsors.  If so, maybe the viewers have hope that he gets dumped from IWCR too.  Naw...that'll never happen.

Here's the entire article from Laidback Racing which is interesting, I think:

http://www.laidbackracing.com/2005Articles/MM27.html

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:58:33 PM »

We can always hope for relief on INC Cheryl.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 03:36:10 PM »

I liked the part in the article that mentions #8 and #24 fans leaving early. The more fans that leave early the easier it is for me to get out.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 04:00:26 PM »

Good thing that Michael Waltrip won't be on Trackside come July.  As I have written, he has worn out my welcome.

I knew he had lost it when he said that Aaron's was thinking of leasing tires in addition to electronics.

He himself cited his busy Cup and Busch series seasons for leaving the show.  Does he think that the constant TV appearances are hurting his career?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: