November 22, 2017, 07:34:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch Race at Nashville  (Read 637 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 11, 2004, 01:47:14 AM »

What a screwed up race!  The NASCAR officials show how incompetent they are again.  They need to just scrap this stupid free pass thing.  It's causing more and and more problems every week.  They keep adding more and more laps and twists to the rule to sort out the field.

The end of the race was wild.  I'm sorry, I think Busch passed Boyer clean and got booted once right after and then again at the end to collect Johnny and Robby Gordon.  Johnny should've tried to sweep under them both, but couldn't back off quick enough.  

I think Kyle Busch was pretty damn mature in his post-race interview. He cut Boyer a lot more slack than I would have based on where I was sitting.  

Before that, the race was a total bore with so many guys getting trapped down laps because of that one caution.  Jeesh!  3 cars on the lead lap!

Only 6 whackers and two of them end up finishing first and second...

Michael Waltrip ends up leading the Busch points.  Is he a victim of the Peter Principle?   :lol:

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 12:41:58 PM »

Cheryl, since Brian France is the Shining Example of the Peter Principle, don't you think that's appropriate?  I could have lived with only 4 cars on the lead lap...used to happen all the time in the old days.  You remember that, don't you Cheryl?  Not highly exciting, but at least it would have been an "honest" finish to the race.  But, Nascar wants "excitement", so this is what we get.  The whole charity lap business should be embarrassing to Nascar, but I suspect they thought the finish was just fine.  
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 01:11:57 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I could have lived with only 4 cars on the lead lap...used to happen all the time in the old days.  You remember that, don't you Cheryl?  Not highly exciting, but at least it would have been an "honest" finish to the race.  But, Nascar wants "excitement", so this is what we get.  The whole charity lap business should be embarrassing to Nascar, but I suspect they thought the finish was just fine.  
Sally

No, I'm not old enough to remember that.   :wink:

But I agree with you that those are the breaks and if that's what happens, that's what happens.  I can't think of the term I'm trying to find about how society has changed and everything must be easier for kids and all, so that they don't feel like a failure.  Do you know what I mean?  This is what I see spilling over to NASCAR.  The free pass doesn't require drivers to work nearly as hard if they know they are going to get their laps back anyway.  I just hate that attitude!

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 08:33:44 PM »

I watched the last 25 laps on tape and there was several attempts at the
I don't think any of the drivers did anything wrong.  It was just rookies racing hard and trying veteran moves of get the air to move the other car up the track to pass and they just don't have the finesse to do that yet.
As far as laps back, no, no, no!!!  I think they just want kids to have it easier than we had it and that is the way society has conditioned most people to believe is the best way.  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: