November 24, 2017, 07:22:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the Nashville Busch Race Broadcast  (Voting closed: April 17, 2004, 03:57:10 PM)
They did a very good job - 0 (0%)
About Average for Fox/FX - 3 (75%)
This was a Terrible Brodcast! - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nashville Busch Broadcast  (Read 1356 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 10, 2004, 03:57:10 PM »

Let's discuss the broadcast of the Busch race from Nashville.
sally
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 11:49:41 PM »

Another typical example of "racing by replay" on Fox.  If they weren't at a commercial, the camera was frequently on cars somewhere else on the track when a pass for the lead was made.  Whoever was producing on this broadcast was having a difficult time making sure the cameras were on the action, not showing something totally irrelevent.  I'd say that makes this a fairly typical Fox product.
Sally :?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 01:41:56 AM »

Lou and I were so disgusted with the number of commercials in the second half.  I was real close to just turning it off and going outside.  Glad I stayed for the finish, but I'm surprised they didn't miss that by being at commercial.  

Also the picture quality of the broadcast was horrible!  Everything on FX was blurry and washed out.  Did anyone with cable notice that?  I know that DirecTV compresses a lot of the less popular channels and FX certainly qualifies as that.  

Overall, between the bad picture and disjointed coverage due to so many commercials, it was a pretty bad broadcast.  After this I am definitely getting an XM radio so I can just listen to any FX races on MRN.

I felt that the commentators still covered more of the Cup drivers than Busch regulars, even when there were only 6 of them.  And what was that pitty party for Michael at the end.  I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for a Buschwhacker who has had a bad year in that series.  Why should I feel sorry for him, especially when he lucked into a win?  At least he had the good grace to point that out at the end.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 05:11:44 PM »

I swear I saw this on the qualifying broadcast on the Speed channel last Friday:

Driver Caleb Holman was listed as being 104 years old!  No kidding!

I know that Fox spends too little time covering Busch Series regulars, and Holman was probably making his debut, but this is ridiculous :oops:

By the way, he made the field and finished 28th, ahead of Ron Hornaday, David Stremme and Greg Biffle among others.

Not bad for a 104-year-old!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 12:53:42 AM »

I didn't get to watch the race but heard it was about normal for Fox.  My other half said it was boring and they had boocoo commercials and missed a lot of the action as usual.  Guess I didn't miss much.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 12:22:38 PM »

Well you missed that finish, Vivian!  It was wild!  If you can catch a replay of that, you ought to.  Haven't seen one like that in NASCAR in quite a while.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 08:38:01 PM »

I did see it on tape, Cheryl.  It was wild.  I emailed you on my thoughts.  Also posted on the race forum.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 07:43:52 PM »

Followup on Caleb Holman: He is actually 22 years old and lives in Abingdon, VA, near the Morgan-McClure race shop.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: