November 22, 2017, 06:28:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is DW a plagiarist?  (Read 478 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: May 26, 2005, 04:26:19 PM »

In a recent column on FoxSports.com, Darrell Waltrip claims that the dreaded "boogity boogity boogity" was his original invention.  He says that it was a derivative of "let's boogie," as if going to a dance. (Huh? :roll: )

Well, as it turns out, at least two popular songs contain the word DW claims to have invented.

One of them is Ray Stevens' 1974 hit song, The Streak.  The song was a "tribute" to the trend of streaking (remember that?)  Part of the words was something like, "Here he goes to the left, boogety; here he goes to the right, boogety."

Recently, an online columnist mentioned a Chubby Checker song (not one of his hits, but an obscure title whose name already escapes me) that also uses the word "boogety."  The columnist suggests that the real source of "boogity boogity boogity" is one or more of the songs.

In other words, the only thing original as it relates to DW is how he spells it.

By the way, he's both copied it--and copyrighted it. :twisted:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 09:54:38 PM »

The song was 'Pony Time'.  There was an article about this earlier this week and I believe that Cheryl may remember the article.  She sent me a link to it and it was rather interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: