November 22, 2017, 09:21:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory of the Week  (Read 905 times)
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: May 18, 2005, 01:08:02 PM »

Missed Restarts -  it's not an accident that they are missing more and more restarts as they run more and more commercials. It's called 'conditioning'. Kinda like training mice to make their way through a maze to their prize piece of cheese. They could put nails, glue traps, and other hazards along the way to the cheese, but the mice would eventually become conditioned and endure the suffering for the end result.

So, they are doing the same conditioning the racefans. Get used to it, because this is how we are going to see all races in the future. One missed restart, not so bad, two or three, we start to get mad, but eventually when they miss even more, we'll start thinking that missing 4 or 5 wasn't so bad. They will just come back from the predetermined commercial spacing and jump right back into the race, whether it be 1 lap after a restart or 10 laps. No apologies, no "we just took the green flag", no excuse. Just marching on with the show. They care not what we think and what's worse, they care not one iota for the actual sport of racing. It is just another product which needs commercials to continue it's life cycle. If dog shows were as popular as racing, then the same would happen to them.

They started with the truck races, then slowly introduced this "method" into BGN, and now are testing it on the Cup crowd.

Yep, there is a master plan which has been on paper for quite some time which is now starting to be placed into action. Because there are no normal natural scheduled breaks in a live race (i.e., end of inning, end of quarter) they had to come up with their own way and conditioning the fan to lull them to sleep and into complacency is step # 1 in the master plan to restructure racing on TV for the future.

Hit me with a stick enough times and it will eventually stop hurting

Lou "look, black helicopters!" Lauer

P.S. - No mice were harmed in the making of this post.

:smt116

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:35:32 PM »

What's next, "halftime breaks" for TV ads?  The Craftsman Truck Series tried it for the first two years, and the resulting product was a joke.  Sometimes, one driver would lead the whole race.

Then again, the guy who runs things wants NASCAR to look like the NFL.  If the TV networks really want this, it will, unfortunately, happen.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 07:12:54 PM »

Lou, if I didn't believe  this anyhow, this thread would be funny. As things are, there is not much funny about it.

Dick(who still hopes that the NFL lures Baby Brian away from racing). Sad

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 08:41:06 PM »

Lou, did you miss all my posts in the past when I talked about conditioning?  Where have you been?  Am I supposed to call you 'Lou - who steals my ideas - Lauer???'   :smt064

However, I must admit you said it in a way I never did!   Thanks.   Wink
Smallblock bored
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 03:08:51 AM »

I remember the days when FOX was a "new thing".
I remember suffering through figure skating just to see 20 percent or so of a race.
I remember ESPN and how that network single handedly spawned what NASCAR is today.
I remember a kinder gentler....no I don't.
GREED is king
The take it or leave it standard is everywhere
Speed and the trucks be a seperate thing but what a joy it will be to see Walley take someone on a tour of the weeks track.
 DW will be again a lost memory
 HEY Larry Mac when is the FOX CONTRACT UP?
 Take note like I do...yea I have a stupid note book that I right into while watching ( I spent my lap top fund on a killer model of a German gun from world war II basicly called leopold) the best 150.00 I ever spent
 My memory blows but I do recall the good ol days when a sorry was actualy something that meant something.
 My fav. is still the break from comercial that showed the dust and dirt from a wreck still in the air.
 But coming back from a damn restart late is piss poor
you can break for a meaningless drug spot anytime
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 12:38:30 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Am I supposed to call you 'Lou - who steals my ideas - Lauer???'   :smt064

Sorry Vivian, didn't mean to steal your ideas. Guess I must have missed the words of wisdom flowing from your fingers in earlier posts. :smt102

And if you don't stop poking me with a stick, I'll get mad and take away your emoticons!

:smt021

Lou

Vivian
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 12:48:52 AM »

Don't you dare take my emoticons! :smt021   This hammer should keep you in order!    ;-)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 01:31:03 AM »

I have not watched a baseball game in years but I understand that when the coverage resumes from a commercial break it is rather common for tv to miss the first 2 or 3 pitches.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 04:10:04 PM »

I don't think so, unless someone like Greg Maddux is pitching.  Maddux is a fast worker on the mound, taking only a few seconds between pitches.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: