December 15, 2017, 09:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less viewer  (Read 948 times)
Vivian
« on: May 18, 2005, 09:00:07 PM »

I watched Inside Cup Monday night and almost turned it off and would have if Don had not been watching also.  Although I don't usually care for Spencer being there, I was interested in Reed Sorenson and what they were saying.  However, when Michael started whistling and the camera kept switching to him during one of Jimmy and Reed's conversations, I just got livid.  Even Reed gave him a strange look.  So I just sent Speed some feedback on it.  I won't be tuning in again until I see what personnel changes come about.  On the speed homepage, there is a feedback offered at the bottom of the page and I chose to use it.  I expressed my concerns and feelings and told them that I know just me not watching anymore won't make a difference but that there are plenty of fans who feel the same way and just don't contact them about it.

It is really sad that the show has gone to pot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:36:12 PM »

Amen, Vivian. Think I'll send them a note too.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 11:36:40 AM »

Vivian, I added my 'voice' to your at Speed.

sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 04:10:09 PM »

Speed Channel should be ashamed of itself, and it should fire the director who asked for the shot of Michael Waltrip whistling during a sincere interview with a driver who usually doesn't get the air time.

Those who are writing to Speed should also ask for the director's name, because it is never credited on the broadcast.  I want someone to blame personally!

Also, my respect for Mikey was once high, because he is humorous and full of energy.  However, he has lost that respect by acting a complete fool and agreeing with everything NASCAR says. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 08:45:24 PM »

Desmond wrote in reference to Mike:

he has lost that respect by acting a complete fool and agreeing with everything NASCAR says.

I truly hope this has not come across as bashing.  It is just a comment about my opinion.

I totally agree with that remark.  I mentioned in my comments to Speed that although Alan was still there, it definitely comes across as Michael's show and that is one of the problems viewers have with the show because of his antics and self serving agenda.  I interact with the public a lot, especially men, since I am at Don's auto repair shop all week and most everyone who watches racing comments about Mikey and I can't repeat some of the stuff they say.  It is always negative though.

Now I just read on a link from Jayski that Mikey is out from Trackside sometimes this summer and Rusty Wallace is in.  That will be cool maybe.
sally
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 10:16:21 PM »

There is hope, Vivian!  Just read on Jayski that Rusty will be replacing Mikey on "Trackside" very soon!  Hallelujah!  Now, if they can just see their way to replacing him on IWC, I might be able to watch it again!

sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 01:42:12 PM »

I sent Speed mail with my complaints about IWCR:  Too many commercials since bought by Fox, Mikey, Spencer (who has almost no credibility in my book,) K. Wallace (who I like as a person, but whose laugh drives me insane), etc.  I told them they'd be better served dumping Mikey than Johnny or Allen.  But I seriously doubt the new head of Speed cares what the fans think.  

Watched Nascar Nation last night to catch "Behind the Wheel."  The two on there who need to be dumped are that no-talent guy reject from some "reality" show and the Fizer girl.  She's truly horrible!  Can't even read a cue card correctly.  How much you bet in the "revamping" of that show, those are the two who stay?  How sad.  I think Ralph does a superb job and Krista is excellent as well.  She actually seems knowledgeable about racing and enthusiastic.  Perhaps they don't want anyone who is actually providing real race info and news though.   Sad

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 04:06:13 PM »

Why can't Donald Trump just take over Speed Channel, then go on NASCAR Nation?  That way, he can tell Jon Willenborg, "You're fired!" Cool

As you can tell, I am no fan of Jon's, either.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 08:49:48 PM »

Cheryl wrote:

Perhaps they don't want anyone who is actually providing real race info and news though.  

You know, they did say they want things to be entertaining.  However, I think a lot of people have different ideas of what entertaining is.  For instance, watching children have fun at play is entertaining.  Trying to be comedians while broadcasting what they now call a race is not entertaining to me.  Trying to mimic WWE is definitely not entertaining to me although a lot of people think WWE is entertaining.  Just depends on where you came from and what surrounded you during your upbringing and whether or not you let all the media tell you what to like.  Again, it all boils back down to what I have always called 'conditioning'.  If they pummel something into your brain enough times you think it is fine because everyone else says it is.  Try this on a co-worker sometimes:  After you greet them in the morning, mention that they look like they don't feel well.  They will disagree.  A little while later ask if they feel better.  They will disagree that they feel bad at all.  Try repeating this about 3 more times and I am pretty sure after that, they will think they feel bad whether or not they really do.  Power of suggestion works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: