November 18, 2017, 02:59:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone remember this?  (Read 644 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: May 13, 2005, 06:56:49 AM »

I was curious if anyone remembered the incident where the guy stole the pacecar in may of 1986 at talladega.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 04:05:17 PM »

The fan's name was Chad Crowder.  When police asked the young fan why he stole the pace car prior to the DieHard 500, he said that he was simply bored.

After the incident, NASCAR "keyed" the pace car so that only the driver has access to it.  The car is also stored in a secure garage along with the race cars.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 03:28:54 AM »

I'm not sure that guy should be referred to as a fan i know the cops did a number on him.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 02:53:14 AM »

I'm sorry about what i posted here last night desmond i reread what i posted and may have confused you.

What i mean by i don't consider the guy who stole the pace car a racingfan is i don't consider people who do stupid stuff like stealing pacecars and throwing beercans on the track racefans.

And they the police did a number on the guy who stole the pacecar he deserved his punishment i know the cops sure did yank on his hair they just dragged his rear end out of the car i believe they hit the guy a couple of times as well.

I remember back in 1994 hearing something about dale earnhardt sr. at talladega in 1994 telling his crew on the radio about someone throwing a beer can on the track i think it hit his windshield and got beer all over his windshield.

That i've heard people throwing beer cans on the track i've seen that happen at indianapolis during the 500 some guy a drunk probably throws a beer can over the fence and onto the track and it causes a caution and takes green flag laps away from the people who went to see the race that's why i don't call troublemakers racefans.

Oh 1 more thing that day earnhardt got the been all over his windshield was also unfortuanately and sadly the same day as formula one great ayrton senna lost his life at the san marino grand prix at imola italy.

I was going to ask the people on this message board who did they think was better ayrton senna or michael schumacher but i think this is a nascar board so if anyone wants me to mention it i'll mention it on the chit chat or general chat part of this message board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: