November 23, 2017, 08:37:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have joined another forum  (Read 431 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: May 09, 2005, 04:11:21 PM »

In the past, I have written about Laidback Racing, the web site that has been a guide for fans who attend the races.

The site now has a discussion forum similar to this one, and I have started contributing to that.  

For those of you who have attended NASCAR races in person, or just want another place to vent, here is the address:

http://www.overlookpass.com/forum

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 02:12:15 AM »

Desmond, YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!! I have wracked my brain for months trying to remember that site. I'd followed a link there and enjoyed it but never wrote down the name. I'm thrilled I found it again.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 05:09:56 PM »

I have to tell you, Gino Wismer (site administrator) has no sense of humor.

He asked me not to mention the B.W. site again in any of the postings.  I understand that, because I have had similar problems here at Speedcouch.  But worse, he removed my signature, which is like the one you see here.  I intended the signature to be "just kidding" sarcasm, but Gino would have none of it.

Also, he changed my username from "Desmond" to "desmond."  In other words, no capital letters.  Unfortunately, I can't go back and change it in the profile section of that forum.

I must admit, however, that I hit the rest of the forum over the head with my site.  After asking the members who they thought would fill various seats in Nextel Cup racing that are about to become vacant, I jokingly suggested that two of my site's supporting characters take over the #2 and #11 cars.  I think posts like that got me in trouble with the forum and I have resolved to revise the posts in the future.

Then again, I'm afraid to report, the relationship between Jo Ann Hlavac, the matriarch of Laidback Racing and friend of Wismer's, and myself has become as frosty as that of Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman.  In 2004, I asked that the site link be returned to the front page in honor of April Fools' Day (it had been there for the last half of 2003).  She declined to do so.  This year, I checked the page previewing the Talladega race.  In past years, I was named and my site mentioned in reference to a question I asked about the track.  But this year I was identified only as "a fan."  Why this once-supportive "den mom" treated me like that, only she knows.

The difference is that neither of us is going away anytime soon... :evil:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: