November 24, 2017, 10:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Anyone see Nas. Victory Lane?  (Read 2746 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »

Maybe my threat of a fine and points after the "worst day of my life" comment in Atlanta helped Greg Biffle.   I agree with everyone else on his level of maturity.

Actually, I can't take credit because he doesn't know who I am, but it doesn't hurt to imagine... Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 05:18:50 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Quote from: "old hot rodder"
And yes, Cheryl, Greg is a bit older than most "young guns", but 35 doesn't seem too old to me now. Heck, 2 of my kids are 35 or older! :lol:

PS51 more for another helmet! Yeah!

It's not old to me either, Dick!  I, personally, DO consider him a young gun.  I was just being sarcastic because of TV's need to classify everybody by age (which I hate).

Get posting and you'll get that next helmet!  
 Cheesy  Cheesy
Cheryl
SARCASTIC?? I didn't know that any of us on this board could be sarcastic! (or am I being sarcastic??) :lol:
PS This has been a fun thread. :wink:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 06:11:35 PM »

Well to continue this thread and also go off the original topic in theory...Going back to you starting out about how VL made you want to throw up:  Did you catch the call-ins to Brian France on XM last evening?  

The first caller I heard was pretty blunt with him asking about NASCAR signing with Sirius for 2007.  The fan said "you've pretty much thrown us XM users under the bus...what do you have to say about that?"  Brian had his usual spin which amounted to a typical non-answer.  It was something like "While we'll always be grateful to XM for helping us....yada, yada, it was a business decision..."  Now that made me want to hurl.   :x I mean, I've accepted that NA$CAR is leaving XM and plan to stay with XM, because [unlike NA$CAR) I am loyal, but the continued arrogance of the guy just makes my blood boil, you know?  Basically, that answer could've been applied to so many scenarios where groups got screwed by NA$CAR.  Like "While we'll always be grateful to ESPN..., " "While we'll always be grateful to R. J. Reynolds..., " "While we'll always be grateful to Amercian car manufacturers...," or "while we'll always be grateful to our long-time fans..."  Why don't they just tape that sentence and then "insert group being screwed this week" and use that for all their press releases from now on.

After that non-answer, he went on to side-step every question a caller had.  Just hearing that guy's condescending voice makes my skin crawl anymore...

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 08:05:06 PM »

WOW! Maybe it's a good thing I did not hear that show.
 How do you think people would react if Brian told the truth, that is that Sirius outbid XM and since Nascar is a profit seeking organization, they took the best deal?
 He could then say that they will try to help current XM users find a special deal on new equipment etc. But of course, we live in Spin City these days..... Sad

William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 08:17:06 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
How do you think people would react if Brian told the truth, that is that Sirius outbid XM and since Nascar is a profit seeking organization, they took the best deal?

Well, to me, that's basically what he did say...

I really think he believes the fans are dumber than bricks and he can get away with beating around the bush and just confuse us with his doubletalk.  :evil:  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 08:23:11 PM »

Dick, I didn't mean to imply that Kyle was not a good driver.  I just think he had a hard time dealing with the pressure last year.  He did a great job at Darlington.

As far as Brian France goes, if I had his money I think I might even turn into an obnoxious little something!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 09:26:09 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Dick, I didn't mean to imply that Kyle was not a good driver.  I just think he had a hard time dealing with the pressure last year.  He did a great job at Darlington.

As far as Brian France goes, if I had his money I think I might even turn into an obnoxious little something!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nahh, Vivian, you would not become obnoxiuos. I bet you don't have any obnoxiuos tendencies at all. Smiley

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 04:28:16 PM »

A guest agrees to appear on a talk show, then refuses to answer any questions?  Thanks a bunch, Brian!  Next time, plead the Fifth Amendment and leave.  Better yet, decline to appear in the first place.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 08:08:17 PM »

BTW- it just occurred to me that the last post I made above could be misinterpreted. Vivian, I was NOT being sarcastic above. I meant that as a compliment, so I hope you took it that way. Cheesy

William James
Vivian
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2005, 01:52:14 AM »

I understood perfectly, Dick. Of course, that was after I slept on it when I finally quit crying and being upset at you.    :wink: However, I may sometimes in the future develop some other wierd tendencies if Nascar continues to follow in the same direction they are going.   :?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: