November 21, 2017, 02:58:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes at Speed?  (Read 1660 times)
sally
« on: May 13, 2005, 11:41:04 AM »

Just read an interview with Chris Long, the new man at Speed.  Unfortunately, he thinks the 'Nation' show should be like Entertainment Tonight'.  Gag.  BUT, he did say there would be some 'talent adjustments' on IWC!  Please, please tell me that someone has gotten as sick of Mikey hogging the air as I have?

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 12:38:47 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Just read an interview with Chris Long, the new man at Speed.  Unfortunately, he thinks the 'Nation' show should be like Entertainment Tonight'.  Gag.  BUT, he did say there would be some 'talent adjustments' on IWC!  Please, please tell me that someone has gotten as sick of Mikey hogging the air as I have?

Unfortunately, just like his brother, I think the vocal few just love Mikey, so I doubt that they'll ever get rid of him.   Sad

Reading that comment, I'm more afraid that my favorite of the three (Johnny Benson) may be the one to go in lieu of someone more "entertaining" like Jimmy Spencer or Kenny Wallace.  If that's the case, I think they would finally drive me away from a show that used to be my favorite show on TV.   :evil:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 04:20:42 PM »

Oh, and I think they might tell Ken Schrader that you can spend more time racing in your dirt car.  I'm afraid Mikey, Kenny and Jimmy is what Chris Long has in mind.

What also bears watching is how much non-NASCAR programming, especially racing from other series, remains once the transformation is complete.  Are we seeing the total transition from a channel for all kinds of motorsports to NASCAR-only?  If so, where would those who are not NASCAR fans go?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 07:23:20 PM »

Here's the link:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/autoindustry/16850/

I am going to think positive and cross my fingers that Kenny and Johnny will stay.  If not, then it will be another show that 'bites the dust' for me.  Sorry, Alan, I like you and I would hate to leave you all alone without Kenny and Johnny, but that's life if the changes are made.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 07:40:28 PM »

Thanks for that link, Vivian (I think).  All the guy's answers really pissed me off me though.  He's sorry the show developed into a good racing show???  He wants to make it like Entertainment Tonight (which I've never really watched by choice)?  Are these guys so cocky they think they can garner enough fringe fans to get the ratings that a quality show like RPM2Nite had?  Give me a break!   :evil:

And they want to make it more like "the high quality of other Fox sports shows?"   :lol: Rupert Murdoch and David Hill really do take themselves a bit too seriously if you ask me.  

If they pull Behind the Wheel out and make it a separate show, that's all I'll be watching (along with Ralph back on Speed News).  

I thought NASCAR Nation was actually a lot better than Totally NASCAR and I credit Ralph and his great race reporting background.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 07:18:06 AM »

Chris did say that Speed News might go to five days a week.  Did he read my posts? :roll:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: