November 17, 2017, 08:41:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote on Fox Pre-Race Show  (Read 1203 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 09, 2005, 06:56:16 PM »

The thing that pretty much drove me away from watching the Fox pre-race shows several races ago was that silly "Sexiest Driver" poll.  I've yet to hear a single fan or journist say anything good about it either.  Just read a couple of articles from Jayski where print journalists are panning it.  Almost every day on XM, a listener calls in and complains about it.  

Sure wish Fox would get a clue and drop it.  Of course it just makes me more likely to count the days until NBC returns in July and actually provides a professional and relevant pre-race show.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 08:42:33 PM »

I did not watch pre race as usual.  I was watching a tape of moto cross from Vegas.  We tuned into the race just as the pace car pulled off for the green flag.  Great timing except we did hear the bbb crap.

Pre race sucks!!!  JMHO.   Sad
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:57:45 PM »

Cheryl, I make it a habit to NOT watch the pre race.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Richie
Sophmore

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 09:45:03 PM »

Hey I guess maybe you could say it was a family discussion starter.  My 9 year old daughter, after seeing the segment about the sexiest driver, asked "What does sexy mean?"  Of course being the Dad that I am and with my 4 year old watching too I tried to pass it off by saying it is another word for cute.  Well I hope she doesn't go to school today and tell her friends that some other kid she thinks is cute is sexy.  I warned her mom and maybe now thanks to fox we will be forced to have "that "discussion.

Thanks again FOX for another great family oriented broadcast
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 11:34:37 PM »

i skipped most the pre race this week, can't stand the 10 questions and so-called sexiest driver polls. why don't more women complain about that ladies??
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 01:01:48 AM »

Ron wrote:

why don't more women complain about that ladies??

About the 10 questions or the sexiest man???  To answer, it has been proven that women use both sides of their brain so they can multi task easily.  At the time these things are happening, the other side of my brain is overriding those things with thoughts of other things so it just passes right through and once it is out of earshot, it is mainly out of my mind.  All of it is too trivial, dumb and insulting to my itegrity to dwell on so I just let it go right by.  Every woman has her own idea of sexy and beleive me, at my age my idea and definition of sexy does not even include their list. I think they often misidentify the word sex with lust.  IMO, the meaning of sexy includes much more than the male and female anatomy.  I think possibly a lot of people my age feel that way whereas the younger group they want to appeal to think only one thing about sex.  And we all know what that is.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 04:17:23 PM »

"When the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name, it's not how you win or lose, but whether or not you are sexy."

OK, so Grantland Rice didn't actually write that, but unfortunately that's the mentality of so many people these days.  Many of them sit in boardrooms deciding what we should see, hear or do.

It's the same reason Anna Kournikova succeeded in tennis without winning a singles tournament.

My fear is that NASCAR owners will search for sex appeal more than driving ability.  This will result in more accidents, more broken equipment, and a lesser quality of racing.

And, of course, instead of taking a look at the problem, Brian and Mike will hold out their hands.  After all--getting back to the purpose of this post--they think that sexy drivers make for better TV.  Fox obviously agrees.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 07:34:04 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy vivian i meant both.you're right about the issue of what is sexy because the generation gap has disorted young people's view about male and female.just shows that fox panders to the worst in all of us.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 02:36:50 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
"
My fear is that NASCAR owners will search for sex appeal more than driving ability

Will?? I think the word should be "are".  I don't think we will ever again see drivers like Dick Trickle and Jimmy Hensley in Nascar. Great talent but short on looks and mouths filled with marbles. Real race car drivers.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
I don't think we will ever again see drivers like Dick Trickle and Jimmy Hensley in Nascar. Great talent but short on looks and mouths filled with marbles. Real race car drivers.

Funny, you should mention Dick Trickle. For some odd reason I thought of him this morning when getting ready for work.  That Lynyard Skynard song "What's Your Name" was on the radio.  One line says "When I come back next year, I want to see again..."   That reminded me of years ago (around 1990) being at the Dover Holiday Inn bar and several 20-something girls swarming all over Dick Trickle.  According to some guys there, he had a "girlfriend" in every town they went to.  So I guess some thought he had sex appeal.   :lol:  This was back when he was driving the 66 car for Cale Yarbrough.  You sure wouldn't see any of today's NA$CAR drivers mingling with race fans at the hotel bar these days...

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 06:45:08 AM »

Now why would i want to go and vote for the fox pre race show?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: