November 17, 2017, 08:42:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was I asleep?  (Read 732 times)
sally
« on: May 08, 2005, 12:26:18 PM »

I realize that I was getting sleepy by the time the last 100 laps came around last night, and I remember thinking "Why are they telling Kurt Busch to go to the Nascar hauler", but I don't remember hearing anything from the Tower of Babble about Kurt Busch having any issues with the Nascar officials during the race.

Help me out, folks.  Did Larry, Darrell, and his other brother Darrell say something about these 'issues' and I just missed it?  Or was this another case of Fox and Nascar editing what they choose to tell us over the air?  I don't remember hearing that Sterling broke an engine, either.  Was I just too sleepy to notice, or what?

Sally
alfers
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 02:10:14 PM »

He took the No. 97 Ford into the garage so his crew could make enough repairs for Busch to continue racing.

Later in the race, NASCAR said Busch moved into the wrong position on the track under caution. Officials ordered him to stop and get in line where he was supposed to be, but Busch refused.

He was sent into the pits for a two-lap penalty, and NASCAR officials took offense to the language he used over the radio. They ordered him to turn his engine off, and he responded my revving it.

He also tossed a water bottle out of his window that hit the official in his pit.

Busch was then summoned to meet with NASCAR after the race. Although series officials looked less than pleased with the champion, Busch emerged from their hauler with a huge grin on his face, but nothing to say.
sally
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 02:44:51 PM »

Yes, I read all that on the internet this morning.  Was ANY of this referred to during the race broadcast last night?  I can't believe I missed it, so I'm wondering if Fox/Nascar are censoring what  information fans watching on TV have available...like waiting so long to mention the red flag last week.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 05:17:08 PM »

Quote from: "Michael"
He took the No. 97 Ford into the garage so his crew could make enough repairs for Busch to continue racing.

Later in the race, NASCAR said Busch moved into the wrong position on the track under caution. Officials ordered him to stop and get in line where he was supposed to be, but Busch refused.

He was sent into the pits for a two-lap penalty, and NASCAR officials took offense to the language he used over the radio. They ordered him to turn his engine off, and he responded my revving it.

He also tossed a water bottle out of his window that hit the official in his pit.

But none of this was mentioned on the TV broadcast.  I know I wasn't asleep!  

Cheryl
Smallblock bored
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 04:38:55 AM »

FOX IS ONE
NASCAR ANOTHER
NONE OF WHICH
ARE YOUR BROTHER
EDIT THOUGHT
HND ME THE SCRIPT
SNAGGED ON A NAIL
MY DRESS IS RIPPED
NICE PRETTY COLORS
ALL THE TRIMMINSí
NICE AND ODD
LIKE RICHARD SIMMONS

It is torture for those who are true veterans of the sport with all this cotton candy crap
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 04:25:09 PM »

Michael shows his poetic side... :lol:

I can't wait for your first book.  Maybe we can collaborate somehow.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 08:56:19 PM »

Pretty funny, Smallblock. :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: