November 23, 2017, 10:39:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eldora should be televised  (Read 3809 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: May 05, 2005, 09:26:06 PM »

I'm not sure which topic this thought should fall under, but let's try this one.
  Tony Stwart has lined up a bunch of Nascar buddies to run in a special event at Eldora, in Rossburg, Ohio in June. The place was sold out in a matter of minutes. The computer could not handle the demand.
  I thought about going myself, but alas, waited too long.
  Wouldn't this be a great race for some TV network to pick up on??(preferably live). I wish TV would do more of this kind of telecasting so more folks would know about real racing.
  JMO as Vivian would say! :lol:  :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 09:51:20 PM »

MOT, Dick!  That would take priority over anything else that was showing at the same time in my home!  Wow, how neat that would be!
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 03:57:07 PM »

If Tony was smart, he would put the race on pay-per-view.  Fans could watch the race with no commercial interruption, which is something many have wanted to see happen.  In fact, the InCar on digital cable is, in effect, pay-per-view race coverage.

A rebroadcast would follow later on either Speed Channel or Outdoor Channel.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 05:57:33 PM »

I had not thought of pay per view, Desmond. My only problem with that idea is that because there are so many networks these days, someone should want to show this kind of race.
  Unless Nascar screws up Speed channel too bad, it will probably show up on tape some day.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: