November 18, 2017, 07:22:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fox's line up  (Read 2463 times)
jules
« on: April 07, 2004, 03:32:44 AM »

I'm new here, so I don't know if this has been discussed before. Doesn't it bother anyone else that fox now only shows the starting line up scrolling along the bottom of the screen? It's hard to see and only gives recognition  to a few drivers who they deside to talk with. Does anyone know who I can complain too? Thanks, Jules
sally
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 11:58:40 AM »

jules,  WELCOME!  Nice to have a new voice heard.  Yes, we've noticed the scrill instead of pictures.  You can try e mailing Fox, Nascar, even speed channel.  I've done so several times, and have yet to get any sort of reply.  Try mailing one of the boys at nascar.com directly, like Marty Smith.  Sometimes they actually answer.  Good luck.
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 08:45:44 PM »

Hi Jules! A big WELCOME from me, too.  Good to have you and jump in any time and let your feelings be known.
I emailed several people about the way they do the line up and really emphasised the fact that our future race fans get very disappointed when they don't "hear" their favorite driver's name mentioned but no one bothered to email me back - not even BP, or Alan or Nascar or Fox....
I think Brian France meant it when he said they won't broadcast or run a race to pacify the fans desires or the way we would like to see the broadcast. I don't think petitions help either.  Wish there was help but I think we are on a sinking ship and they refuse to throw us a line....
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 02:51:25 AM »

Hi Jules!

Welcome to the forum!  Good point on the starting grid and believe me, I've complained about it since Fox starting skipping it.  From what I've heard, they don't have "time" to show it anymore.   :? It's much more important for them to waste time on the silly antics or words of wisdom from Chris Myers during the pre-race show.  Isn't that sad?  I believe it is probably a decision made by the network executives at Fox, who still don't seem to have a clue what is really important during a broadcast.

Cheryl
jules
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 06:45:44 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I do think it's sad the way things are going. The line up / interduction at the beginning is the only way some of these drivers and sponsers get to be seen. Jules
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 07:12:55 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
You can try e mailing Fox, Nascar, even speed channel.  I've done so several times, and have yet to get any sort of reply.

Sally, could you try and post an email address for Fox here?  I just went to their page and with so much junk couldn't find anything for email.  Of course, I'm not a "member" so maybe that is why.  I just refuse to sign-up just to read a TV website.  I know I can give bogus info, but it's just a pain in the butt to do, so I've never bothered.  Frankly, this is the first time I've looked at the Fox site all year anyway.  Of course, while I was there, I was suckered into reading DW's article about the prolonged restarts (only because you said it was good).  What pissed me off is he ended with some song and dance about them missing restarts because of "unexpected cautions."  Aren't all cautions unexpected?  Does he believe fans are dumb enough to believe that?  As I have said in my reviews the last two weeks, TV has to be smart enough to know when NASCAR has called one to go (since the pace car lights are off).  I can only believe that they really think the "new" viewers are so dumb, they don't know this.  They have to know how long a pace lap takes and know they can't cram very many commercials in without missing the restart.  

Okay, I'm done my rant now.   Smiley If you could post the Fox email address here, I'm sure we'd all love to send them mail about the lack of a starting grid AND the missed restarts.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 10:05:51 PM »

When Cheryl "rants", I react for some reason. Just like at home! :lol:
   Anyhow, if it helps, I just read a book which says that ole DW is, among other things, GULLIBLE. So maybe he does believe some of the pap Nascar hands out...

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 10:12:25 PM »

Cheryl,  I just go to the bottom of the Fox page and click on the Feedback to send them mail.  I don't sign in or anything, but you have to dig it out of the fine print at the very bottom.  But they won't answer.
Sally Sad
sally
DW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 10:16:05 PM »

Cheryl, I just meant that DW noticed the same problem most of us had about the long cautions.  He and Rusty Wallace are about the only ones who haven't toed the Nascar party line about how wonderful the new title points system is.  I never said DW was smart.
Sally
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 04:01:50 AM »

see how the Masters golf tournament is done! No commercials, or hardly anyway!

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
sally
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 12:36:05 PM »

But that's golf!  A much more dignified and "worthy" sport than racing.  At least according to TV.
Sally
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 07:23:20 PM »

unfortunately for tv. btw, ryan newman was on the jim rome radio show. jim liked the new points system.

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 07:51:29 PM »

Quote from: "17RoushFan"
ryan newman was on the jim rome radio show. jim liked the new points system.

Of course he does; he's not really a race fan, is he??

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 08:31:38 PM »

I remember he had Mikey on after the 2001 Daytona 500.  He made Jeannie Zelasko look like a racing genius.  He's strictly a stick and ball sports guy, so th new format is familiar to him.  I bet he asked questions just as stupid to Newman as he did Mikey.
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 04:28:05 AM »

Yeah, but I think he was pretty impressed that one of Newman's sponsors, Mobil has had an impressive 30-year streak of some sort, I think. The good news is that at least he didn't ask the ubiqitous question of "do you hate the fact that you won 8 races and still didn't win the title?" kenseth went through that, from bdssp to sportscenter. :roll:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: