December 16, 2017, 08:19:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RACING Commercials We Like/Don't Like  (Read 1644 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: April 27, 2005, 04:36:47 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"

Here I must let everyone know how hard I laughed at the Biffle and crew chief subway commercial at the end of the chase. If those subs are that hot, I would think he is one uncomfortable dude considering where the sub was laying. I just cracked up when I saw that. Excuse the ribald comparison.  Gotta admit it was a funny though. After all, I saw on another commercial what the heat does to snowmen!!!  
ROTFLMBO!!!!

Vivian, what is ROTFLMBO?

The first five words are Rolling On The Floor Laughing, but what is MBO?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 05:11:10 PM »

Think real hard about this one, Desmond. It took me a while to figure it out also. Cheesy  Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 08:24:10 PM »

Desmond, it is supposed to be MAO but I substituted the B since it is My Butt Off.  :wink:
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 04:15:49 PM »

OK, so it's "Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off."  I missed the commercial Saturday night, so I can't comment, unfortunately.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 09:15:02 PM »

Vivian, after reading you comment on the commercial, all I could thin of was, at least I know now why greg Biffle's eyes are bugging out!
 Cool
Sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 02:23:46 AM »

Hey speaking of commercials, how about the Winfuel one with Dale Jr and the little boy? What a terrific commercial. So touching so different. I wonder who the creative genius is that came up with that idea? The ending was so touching that tears were dripping into my Coca-Cola.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 04:21:56 PM »

Brian, great ad, but it was a knock-off of the 1979 Coca-Cola commercial with football legend Mean Joe Greene and another boy.  That ad is considered one of the best ever to run on TV.

drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 11:26:37 PM »

I was trying to be sarcastic, hence the reference to Coke. Apparently the rolleyes emoticon did not show.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 04:18:13 PM »

I finally watched the commercial for Subway, and I laughed too.

What people will do for a sandwich...

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 12:48:12 PM »

I broke these posts out from the "rate the race broadcast" thread since they have nothing to do with the broadcast itself.  Come on everybody, it's really not that hard to start a new thread if you want to change the subject from the broadcast itself.  Please help me out here.  

Thanks,
Cheryl "yes the mean mommie is back in town"   :wink:
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »

Now that Cheryl has established that it is the "commercials page," I want to continue by asking your opinion of the Michael Waltrip-Dale Earnhardt Jr. series of commercials for NAPA, which spoof home shopping, and also the Domino's Pizza dispute.

I love both of those ads, as they bring out the playfulness in both drivers.  For a while, these were just about the only things they did well all year.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 05:24:51 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Now that Cheryl has established that it is the "commercials page," I want to continue by asking your opinion of the Michael Waltrip-Dale Earnhardt Jr. series of commercials for NAPA, which spoof home shopping, and also the Domino's Pizza dispute.

My opinion:  I'm sick of seeing them...Glad I record most of the races and race programs on Speed, so I can ff'd through them.  

About the only commerical out there that I think it amusing is the one for FedEx with Leffler and Labonte on a Hot Wheels type track with the cat walking over it.  But then, I've only seen that one twice, so I'm not sick of it yet.  

All DE, MW, and DW commercials are just played SO frequently, they're just plain annoying.  If I see that one with Kenny Wallace blowing that annoying party horn again, I think I'm going to scream! :evil:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 08:36:35 PM »

Cheryl, why do suppose that they have to run the same commercials so frequently? I'm sure that there is a cost factor involved, but they really beat that poor old horse beyond any reason. Oh well,..... Sad

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 10:11:52 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Cheryl, why do suppose that they have to run the same commercials so frequently? I'm sure that there is a cost factor involved, but they really beat that poor old horse beyond any reason. Oh well,..... Sad

Dick, I have no idea!  I'm guessing cause they can't sell commercial time but to certain sponsors, so we have to see the same ones over and over again ad naseum... :roll:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 01:03:26 AM »

My favorite commercial of all time is the one for Ocean Spray cranberry drinks.  The mom brings it home and they are happy she got the good stuff and one child says, "Yeah, but she got the cheap chips."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: