November 22, 2017, 11:05:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bump Drafting  (Read 1342 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 11:41:13 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Cheryl, sorry if what I said was out of line.  It was just an observation but I did use names as an example to express my feelings about the bump drafting and will try to refrain from doing that in the future.

No, Vivian, what you said was fine.  You were just illustrating your point without accusing any driver of causing the wreck.

Sometimes I lurk at other boards but usually don't stay around long reading them because of the name calling, blame placing and how the members get irritated with each other when their driver gets bashed.

Then you know exactly what I mean.  I hate seeing that kind of thing when I look at other forums.  That's why I chose to make it clear this would be a moderated forum.  I do not want our site to get that type of reputation, and intend that it doesn't happen.

I try to do all my cussing and name calling at the time I am watching at home.  

Me too!  Just ask Lou!   He has to hear it ALL the time!  :lol:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 04:32:03 PM »

OK, I'm sorry for starting the whole thing. :roll:

All I did was present the Dale Jr. quote so that we would have a perspective from one of the drivers involved.

Also, Jimmie was not bump drafting, but Dale Jr. was.  I better get my eyes checked.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 09:19:17 PM »

If nothing else, I suppose that we can all agree that when you have so many cars running in a pack that close together, it doesn't take very much to get one or more out of shape, and then, ....look out.
 Bump drafting is dangerous no matter how you slice it and dice it. (and none of my fav drivers were in a position to be blamed),  :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 11:38:33 PM »

My problenm with bump drafting is that during the Busch race the fellows in the TV booth were against it for the most part, but during the Cup race it was acceptable to them.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 01:38:23 AM »

I remember that DW said bump drafting was a good thing early in the Busch race.  Later he changed it to okay and then he said he wasn't sure and then he said okay if not in the corners or on the tri oval.  Frankly, I think it just depends on who is doing it at the time and where it is on the track that rules how he feels.  Sunday in the cup race he didn't seem to mind it some times but  most of the time he was strongly against it.  Who knows?  I think it is a whim of fancy and if certain people do it and do it right then they are impressed.  :?   No wonder we fans get confused.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: