November 23, 2017, 04:11:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch Races  (Read 1117 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: April 05, 2004, 11:16:06 PM »

I think that Cheryl's review of the Texas Busch race was thought provoking and insightful. Mostly though, I tend to blame Nascar for the problems in the Busch series.
   Real race fans want to see racing, not glitzy entertainment. Both Nascar and the TV folks seem to have forgotten this point.
   What do the rest of you think?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 12:54:21 AM »

IMO on all issues listed here in my post: Nascar wants the tv ratings no matter what.  Fox aims to please, no matter what.  Busch has become a stepping stone to most drivers who want to eventually get to Cup although there have been some exceptions with drivers going straight from the trucks to Cup.  Nascar does not care as long as they can pass the physical and bring the sponsors in to bring the $$$ in.  Fans be damned if it does not fit their idea of racing - as long as the sponsors and drivers are there they will milk both as long as they can for the $$$.  If a driver draws the fans and sponsors they will get the attention; and tv better be prepared to give it (attention) to the right ones no matter what it takes.  The bigger the show, the better for the bottom line as the show is the "in" thing right now.  When the fans go away due to the "show" they may or may not make some small changes.  By that time it probably won't matter to anyone involved as an era will have passed and something new will have come along to "entertain" all of us dodo's out here who are too set in our ways to understand that change is good as long as the $$$ are flowing in and all the new drivers are pc enough not to mind how it is presented.  (BIG NOTE:  We know we are not dodos and set in our ways and we know what real racing is and we want real racing to continue as we know it should be due to our roots and the roots of stock car racing.)  Worth anything or not, that is my opinion.
Gosh, I hope that makes sense and does not offend anyone.  :?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 02:21:22 AM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
I think that Cheryl's review of the Texas Busch race was thought provoking and insightful. Mostly though, I tend to blame Nascar for the problems in the Busch series.
   Real race fans want to see racing, not glitzy entertainment. Both Nascar and the TV folks seem to have forgotten this point.

Thank you, Dick!  I felt like I went off on a bit of a rant last night, but it's good to know that others understood where I was coming from.  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 04:56:52 PM »

A bit of a rant, yes, Cheryl, but a good rant nonetheless. :lol:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 05:51:13 PM »

Nascar wants to make more $$$.  TV wants to make more $$$.  The quality of the racing is the LAST thing they are worried about.  As long as  they convince themselves the MARKET is the only things that matters, they will continue to build and race on more tracks that produce high speed parades, followed by TV timeouts run during excessive caution laps.
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: