November 21, 2017, 08:18:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake cautions?  (Read 635 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: April 24, 2005, 03:52:24 AM »

What do people think does anybody think nascar brings  out fake cautions on purpose?

I think over the past few years they have.

To keep their favorites from going a lap down and to keep from having green flag pitstops i think as it would scatter the field.

And to keep the field close together and to keep the races from being snorefests i think nascar sometimes deliberatley bring out a caution.
sally
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

You're just now noticing this?

sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 12:21:28 PM »

Nooo. I said i think over the past few years they have.

Read the comments i made.

That means i have noticed this for the past few years few means a few years like 5 6 or 7 maybe more or less depending on the situation.
sally
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 05:41:58 PM »

Sorry.  I just thought it was a given that Nascar has been throwing 'convenient' cautions for years.  They ar particularly fond of doing it near the end of a 'cookie cutter' race to close up the field.  That way they can braga bout the 'close' finish, thus ignoring the fact that the majority of the race (except for the first 5 laps after a caution) resemble a parade rather than a race. Didn't mean to hit a nerve there.

Sally :wink:
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 03:56:57 PM »

These tracks do feature a lot more action in the middle of the pack than toward the front.  Saturday night was another great example.  

Kurt Busch ran away with this one.  Michael Waltrip and Brian Vickers led mostly during the periods immediately following cautions.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 09:39:36 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy hey bryan what took you so long to notice? it's all about tv guys gotta make fox more money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: