November 19, 2017, 05:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Plug For FOX (!?!)  (Read 686 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: April 23, 2005, 03:23:44 PM »

Ok, I'm trying to be objective here, at least now and then.
 I'm not sure which commentator made a really nice plug for the 0 car toward the end of the Busch race last night, pointing out how well the team had done, with pecious little to work with. I was favorably impressed.
 I thought that if I mentioned it, maybe they would tell us more about some of the underfunded teams. Here's hoping so.
Dick Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 12:19:35 PM »

Don't get too excited by the token mention of one of the less prominant teams.  They do that every few races so they can claim they are impartial.

Sally :roll:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 04:07:13 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Ok, I'm trying to be objective here, at least now and then.
 I'm not sure which commentator made a really nice plug for the 0 car toward the end of the Busch race last night, pointing out how well the team had done, with pecious little to work with. I was favorably impressed.
 I thought that if I mentioned it, maybe they would tell us more about some of the underfunded teams. Here's hoping so.

The 0 car in Busch is driven by Kertus Davis, who used to race in Hooters Cup (until the middle of last season).  If you watched the documentary The Drive on CMT, he was on there at times helping out his former teammate in Hooters, Michelle Thierault.    

Kertus is a nice kid trying to make it in Busch with a family-owned team.  I think it was Mike Joy or Larry who mentioned him on the broadcast.  At least I think I remember hearing that before I fell asleep around lap 50 Friday night.   :lol:   Did I mention races this late just don't work for me?   :wink:

I think Kertus has made all but one Busch race this year, which in itself, is pretty impressive considering the number of whackers swelling the field every week lately.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 08:36:23 PM »

Yep, that's the one I heard Cheryl. Nice to hear them plug a little guy now and then.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: