May 27, 2018, 08:41:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I see this right ?  (Read 478 times)
Smallblock bored
« on: April 17, 2005, 03:09:26 AM »

After being smitten by a desire to bring forward a rendition of stupidity I was abruptly booted from the internet service that I have so selfishly taken advantage of over the last 4 years or so. As I I was about to hit the submit button I was cast adrift before I had I chance to say this:
Ryan Newman won yet another pole, number 30 to be correct
Was that a plastic flag I saw him holding on NASCAR.COM
Did they give hin a polyvynol flipflop as a reward. I would have to say not.
 Look for my two men Ricky Rudd and Robby Gordon to have good showings at Texas. Look for Jeff Gordon to have a bad showing as the gods of hot oil have been angered.
 Look for Dave Blaney to carry the RCR torch for the day "will he finally have a finish to reflect his talent"?
 It's a good thing for some sites to have rules/code of conduct/an oversee-er to watch for bashing of certain drivers or that is to say specific drivers and not any in particular. No matter the actions of a driver or the circumstanses that bring fourth any and/or all happenings that are nothing more than a part of racing as we know and love, we must respect the views and laws that bind us in what venue we choose and/or are blessed with being a part of. If we were to become a group of s&i& throwing baffons we would be nothing more than a spec of said S%I& on the wall that is an endless list of garbage chatroom/message boards. The key however is to creativly word your posts to reflect on any things that a driver may do ar say in a fashion that is not of a sladerish and harsh fashion. This is very hard to do and may restrict your amount of material to use for your literary venting. Take my spelling for instance, it would seem at times i'm either in a big hurry or a dummy. Couple that with my sometime abrasive comments ( some that were omitted by the time they saw flight) and I may seem a basher. A guy who has more business agruing down the line of bar stools than trying to converse what he feels in his heart and mind about the 50 or so top series drivers and the runins or actions that they may see a fantasize. Hold dear to your judgement wether a left quarter panel rub was intent or not and let loose your views in a manner that reflects not only your best side but also a side you may have to fabricate. In any fashion there are things that need to be said and to maintain class of any website saying that @#$&())& driver of the number &$ is an .................Well there will never be a code for thoughts and views but after what will happen by the end of the year lets just say that the pages are black and white as fans and drivers
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 08:05:16 PM »

I didn't really notice the flag that much.

On the long paragraph you posted, it is so much easier said than done but I do try not to overstep and that is why I like this Speedcouch forum!
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 12:50:46 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
it is so much easier said than done

Something that is harder to do is oft times more appreciated and usually a greater achievment than the easy way out.

While I certainly do struggle, in my pea brain, to fully understand what SmallBlock is trying to say most of the time, I do appreciate his literary style and attempts to cause the mind to actually have to 'think' about what is being said through the use of more complex expressions.

It's either that or maybe I should cut down on drinking during the work day... :-)

Lou "I've always wanted to use the word "oft" in a sentence" Lauer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: