February 24, 2018, 05:19:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My weekend in San Diego  (Read 411 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: April 12, 2005, 04:17:05 PM »

As I wrote on two earlier posts, I visited my brother Tommy this weekend in Bonita, CA, just south of San Diego and about 10 miles north of the Mexican border.  His fiancee, Lisa Colon, was also present.

It was great to see him, because I rarely do so now.  I learned some of the stories about how illegal immigrants try to sneak across the border, and we bonded around some of the televised basketball games, and also some of the Masters golf tournament.

Unfortunately, this also meant no racing for me.  I watched about 30 laps of the Advance Auto Parts 500 before leaving for one final trip to the apartment.  Once there, I was able to watch less than a lap because Tommy, totally clueless about racing, wouldn't let me watch more than that.  I couldn't go to the back of the one-room apartment to watch, because that is the only TV set in the house.

Tommy has read my web site and gives it a good review.  Lisa has not read the site.

As for the wedding, no one really knows when it will happen.  There was a tentative date sometime in September, but Tommy told me that it will not happen then.  All preparation has stopped, but Tommy and Lisa are still engaged and are living together.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 08:39:36 PM »

Glad you could spend time with your brother.  Brothers are so much more important than racing, imo....
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 04:18:51 PM »

You're right, Vivian.  It was worth it, but I still wish that I had the option of watching more of the race if I wanted to.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: